AKA Caregivers' Day Observance
National Caregivers Day is observed annually to provide support to those who care for loved ones by providing quality, compassionate care on a daily basis. During this special observance, members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated will recognize caregivers and provide much-needed support and respite for them to honor the important work they do for others.
- Partner with healthcare professionals and organizations to develop and distribute best practice tips for reducing emotional and physical health issues associated with caregiving.
- Feature a caregiver on your personal social media page.
- Send an ecard or email words of encouragement to a caregiver.
- Provide Caregiver Self-Care: Caring for You from The National Center for Caregiving.
- Offer to provide respite for a caregiver by relieving him or her to get a break to run errands, catch a movie or simply to rest.